With its stunning scenery and proximity to most of the major studios as well as home too many of the world’s most beautiful people; it’s no wonder that most of the country’s best beauty schools can be found in California. If you are thinking of a career in any aspect of cosmetology, California is probably the best place to learn your trade. Although most beauty schools offer great programs, here are a few of the better ones to suit your career aspirations.
1. Marinello Schools of Beauty: With several dozen campuses spread out across the state, this world famous academy is among the best known beauty schools and offers certificate and degree programs to suit your career options.
2. Alameda Beauty College: This is one of the best schools in the state to really get hands on training as this school is also a full service salon where you get to train with real clients.
3. COBA Academy: this Anaheim based school is well known for having the highest passing rate for the state board exam of any school in Southern Ca. They offer great certificate programs as well as degree options.
4. Milan Institute: They have several campuses from Riverside to Los Angeles and specialize in offering some of the best cosmetology programs available.
5. Academy of makeup and fashion: Located in Canoga Park, this school specializes in bridal fashion, makeup and media arts. Although not a traditional cosmetology school, the career options available are worth a look.
6. Western Beauty Institute: Located in Panorama City, this huge campus offers some of the best certificate and degree programs in the state and is run by a large staff of very qualified instructors.
7. Bellus Academy: With campuses located in the greater San Diego area, they offer programs suited to all aspects of cosmetology and wellness certifications.
8. Salon Success Academy: They have a few campuses located in the San Bernardino area and specialize in bringing quality education at the lowest cost possible for students.
9. Paul Mitchell: Among the top national beauty schools, their San Francisco campus and several other partner schools located throughout the state offer world class training and experience.
10. W Institute: This Sassoon academy connection member school is located in Concord and is one of only 21 Sassoon connection schools in the world and offers an experience and education nearly unrivaled by other cosmetology schools.